You can expect:
- A knowledgeable therapist who does continuing education.
- Focus on your strengths and resources as well as your challenges.
- Confidentiality (within ethical and legal limits).
- Possible discomfort with revealing your vulnerable spots, but also relief from opening up to someone other than friends and family.
- Solid research pointing to the improvements in mental and physical health that people gain from therapy.
- Greater self-compassion and compassion toward others.
You will most likely benefit from our work if:
- You're ready to figure out and address your obstacles.
- You're working on balancing acceptance and change.
- You're able to build trust in yourself and others over time.